ACHILLES TENDONITIS COURSE
This is a free course that is a combination of helpful books, videos, resources, and product recommendations.
THE ACHILLES TENDONITIS BOOK
This is the best place to start to get rid of your Achilles tendonitis. If you have already read this book or prefer videos then please go to the next section.
If you have not read the book you can download it below.LEARN MORE
- Learn: Download my free Book & Watch Video for an introduction to Achilles tendonitis treatments. Here is a video on how to use Foam Roller.
- Daily Rituals: Towel stretch before getting out of bed (30-second stretch 3 times), foam rolling (10 minutes 2x a day), icing or contrast baths (10 minutes 2x a day), anti-inflammatory for 2 weeks at a therapeutic dose, stable shoes and rigid insert, Oofos sandals in the house, and avoid going barefoot.
- When To Seek Help: If you have not improved over 2-3 weeks, spend over $300 on shoes and stuff or pain is making you limp seek professional assistance.
- Shockwave (EPAT) - Information about shockwave therapy for long-term heel pain.
- Orthotics - Explanation of how and why orthotics help foot pain.
- Icing and Contrast Bath Instructions - Here is information on how to ice the foot.
- Oofos - Recovery sandals to wear at home for more support.
- Shoe Recommendations - Here is my shoe recommendation list for plantar fasciitis.
- Short Foot Exercises - Exercises to help with strengthening your foot.
- Amazon - Recommendation list for good items to start treating.
***If you spend more than 3 weeks or $300 on your foot condition might be best to see a professional!***
Many of the patients that come to see me in the office spend hundreds of dollars on shoes, inserts, and other treatments before coming in.
I have put together some of the best products I have found here for you to get better fast.
This does not replace medical care but is a good place to start. If you have spent lots of time and money trying to get better might be best to see someone.
(FYI I am available if you are in Massachusetts!)DR PELTO'S RECOMMENDATIONS
Got A Question?
Simply fill out the form below to have Dr. Pelto answer your question on his YouTube series "Ask Dr. Pelto"
Click play to see some most recent answered questions.
This is not considered medical treatment and does not replace medical care for your health condition.