All The Tools You Need To Find The Right Shoe For Your Foot
- Do you wonder if you wearing the right shoe?
- Do you want more guidance without just "googling" your condition to find the appropriate shoe?
- Do you want a resource to show to your doctor prior to your appointment?
If so you will find this shoe buying guide helpful as well as some of the other information on this page.
Caution: Do This Before Buying Your Shoes - Shoe Liner Test
The Shoe Liner Test is the best way to see if you have the right length, width, and size. (See Example)
It seems simple but is powerful so don't skip this one. Instructions below:
- Take the shoe liner out of your shoe. Yes, do it now, please! The shoe liner is inside the shoe that usually has the brand name of the shoe on it.
- There should be a thumb's length in front of the longest toe (not always the big toe) and all your foot should fit within the sock liner.
- If this is not the case you can develop foot pain, callusing, toenail problems, or other issues.
FYI - Most people are in shoes too narrow. Look in the section on "Anatomic" shoes in the Shoe Buying Guide to learn more.
Local Shoe Stores
Best Non-Custom Shoe Insert
Walk Hero Insert - Best over the counter insert with solid arch for the price
Best Recovery Sandal
Oofos - Has great arch to reduce load to painful foot regions