Foot Wound Treatment Process
This is my current treatment process for treating patients with foot wounds. This video is a lecture on healing foot wounds and your feet.
- Evaluation - Determine severity of your ulcers or wound.
- Off-loading - Reduce pressure to the ulcer region to help it heal.
- Wound dressings - This is what you put on the wound to help it heal. It can be betadine, collagen or other medications.
- Antibiotics - If you have an infection a medication may be prescribed for your.
- Prevention - Evaluation of shoes and risk factors can help reduce further problems once the ulcer is healed.
Diabetic Shoe Information - Here are my shoe recommendations and shoe-related resources for diabetic shoes.
- Weight Loss - Here are my resources on weight loss for my patients.
- Diabetes Code - This a great book on diabetes and how to reverse diabetes.
Here are some of the best recommendations I have found on Amazon for foot and ankle wounds.
Do you need more help?
We have put together a number of books to help you. Click the button below to start learning.